THIS IS THE BANNED EDITION
\SPEK.TAKL\ - Banned Edition is the version of the game that was TOO STEAMY FOR THE OTHER PLATFORMS. This edition is UNCENSORED : it is the complete \SPEK.TAKL\ experience.
If you have already played \SPEK.TAKL\ before, please read the list of additions below before you buy it again : not a lot has changed since you last played.
This game contains public domain images and footage, which includes vintage softcore eroticism. Those images can be avoided if the player ignores the television programming presented in-game. None of the programming is essential to game completion. The game also contains nudity as depicted by classical paintings.
WHAT THE CRITICS ARE SAYING ABOUT \SPEK.TAKL\
"[...] a captivating mixture of gore, eroticism and paranoia that feels quite unlike anything else and really gets under your skin. Highly recommended."
- Free Game Planet
"Spek.takl reminds me of the best part of Silent Hill 4: The Room. [...] an accomplished horror, and one of the few that explores fresh territory."
- PC Gamer
"[...] this is not the typical pixel horror game. [...] Just play it, you will not regret it."
"[...] a genuinely creepy atmosphere, where I was jumping at the sound of my own footsteps."
- Only Single Player
\SPEK.TAKL\ is a a first-person psychological horror game with multiple endings that can be completed in under an hour.
It is a late-night television watching simulator. Sit down on the couch in your new apartment straight out of 1994 and enjoy a cozy evening bingeing cable TV until the sign-off comes around and there's nothing else to watch.
Whatever you do, do not worry about the neighbors; do NOT answer the door; and never EVER watch the VHS tapes that are dropped through your mail slot.
\SPEK.TAKL\ is an intense, intimate and disturbing horror-themed psychosexual exploration on the lengths some of us go to in order to avoid facing the inevitable.
- Four different endings : your actions, or your inaction, matter
- Midnight movie ambiance : an abstract narrative with psychosexual themes, echoing the works of Lynch and Cronenberg
- Late-night television : sit down and actually watch over an hour of remixed public-domain-sourced videos
- Low risk gameplay : no enemies putting the player in danger, just light puzzle elements to solve and a tense and heavy atmosphere
WHAT'S NEW IN THE BANNED EDITION
\SPEK.TAKL\ was previously available here on Itch. This is the newer version, effectively replacing the earlier one. Similar to a Director's Cut, this version of the game contains material never seen in earlier versions.
- An additional, exclusive ending, further exploring the dark themes of the original game
- Unused music tracks composed for the original release added back to the new environments
- Quality of Life improvements, such as subtitles for dialog and bug fixes for a smoother experience